Have you ever been in a slump? You know, that feeling where you can’t do anything right, and everything feels off, and no matter what you do you just can’t ditch the negativity filled hole you’ve fallen into? It happens to the best of us. Next time you feel yourself slipping into that dark and dreary place, try fighting it with mindfulness and positive affirmations. It may seem like a small thing, but I promise you it works! Here are 20 affirmations for women to get you started!
20 Positive Affirmations for Women
- Even when things don’t go my way, I’m always learning and growing.
- I deserve success and am capable of accomplishing my goals.
- My quirks are what make me unique. I will strive for authenticity, even when I feel vulnerable sharing my true self.
- My worth does not rest upon my outward appearance. I am not a number on a scale or a line item on someone else’s list. My worth comes from within and is measured by the kindness in my heart.
- Even though I have no control over how others treat me, I always have control over how they affect me.
- I have been blessed with qualities that uplift others and even on my hardest days, I am the perfect mother for my children.
- No success is too small to celebrate, and I will revel in the tiny wins today.
- My value is not dictated by others. It is not my responsibility to
- I possess endless talents that I will utilize to pursue my passions and fulfill my dreams.
- I cannot help anyone when I am not taken care of. I deserve to come first so that I can be my best self.
- There is no such thing as failure, only success and opportunities for growth. I will use my setbacks to propel me forward.
- I am worthy of love, acceptance, and greatness. I will not allow others to convince me otherwise, nor will I spend my time trying to change those who continually try to bring me down. I will not waste my time on those who do not treat me with kindness and respect.
- Today I will choose to live in the present instead of worrying about the future or dwelling in the past.
- I choose to walk beside other powerful women, instead of competing with them.
- I will focus on growth rather than numbers. My success does not come from money or status, but from within.
- The gifts I possess are made to be shared. I will enrich the lives of my clients with my gifts.
- Life goes on. No obstacle I face today will be so great that it will stop the sun from rising tomorrow. I will get through any setbacks with my heart in tact.
- I can choose to start over at any time, as often as I wish. I will litter life with do-overs when needed and won’t allow a difficult situation turn into a difficult day (or hour, or year, or life). I will choose to look for the good and let that be my focus, even in the face of the hardest circumstances.
- Each day I am one day closer to achieving my goals. It is up to me to put in the work to get there, and no one else can be blamed for my shortcomings.
- I will not waste time assuming the intent of others. I know projecting my feelings onto others and placing quiet expectations upon them will only sabotage my relationships. I will grow relationships through transparency and empathy.
Next time you feel yourself slipping into a dark and dreary place filled with self-doubt, fill your heart with positive affirmations.
It may feel a little silly, but eventually, the light will shine through the darkness and your inner voice will be your biggest source of strength. Afterall, if we do not value ourselves enough to be our own biggest cheerleaders, how can we expect others to cheer for us?
I believe there is no such thing as having too many positive reminders in your back pocket, here are a few that are personal for me that I use often:
Do you have some affirmations that help you get through the rough times? I’d love to hear them! Pop your favorites into the comments and let’s make this list even longer!!
Latest posts by Kimberly Haydn (see all)
- Holiday Hacks + How to Have a Good Enough Christmas (and LOVE it) - December 5, 2018
- Finding Joy in Motherhood: A New Website and Fresh Focus - November 21, 2018
- Increase Summer Sales with These Marketing Ideas! - July 4, 2018